Oh, my. Let me tell you. These pineapple cakes are adorable, delicious, and so easy to make!
Summer is winding down, so I want to get all the fruity baking in before it's too late. I'm the type of person who thinks cinnamon, pumpkin, vanilla and cozy desserts are reserved for the fall and winter. While fruity, flowery, colorful desserts are for the spring and summer. However, chocolate is great for every season and anytime– morning, afternoon, night, midnight. 🙂
I made these. I ate them. I am now dreaming of them.
YIELD: 24 cakes PREP TIME: 15 minutes
BAKING TIME: 20-25 minutes TOTAL TIME: 35-40 minutes
- 1-1/2 20 ounce can of sliced pineapples; reserve pineapple juice
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 12 maraschino cherries cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin pan with spray & flour.
- Cut pineapple slices into 4 pieces.
- Mix together cake mix, oil, eggs, and pineapple juice.
- In another bowl, stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Place 1-1/2 teaspoons of the mixture into each muffin pan cup, then place two pineapple pieces with a cherry in the center.
- Add 1/4 cup of batter into each cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes (or all the way to 25 minutes) until the toothpick comes out clean.
- As soon as the cakes come out of the oven allow to cool for 5 minutes, then run a knife around each cup and slowly remove cake (you can also invert).
- Slightly adapted from here
- Make sure to grease the pan thoroughly– these cakes love to stick.
As you probably know by now I LOVE cheesecake. Today’s recipe is for mini cheesecakes- classic mini cheesecake. In my opinion, classic cheesecake is a simple cheesecake base with a graham cracker crust. Most people like to doll up their cheesecake with pie filling or something crazy in top, but I like mine with simple whipped cream.
I think cheesecake is the ideal dessert for any get together. I mean there are so many options when it comes to cheesecake: red velvet, key lime, Oreo, strawberry, and so many more. Am I the only one who doesn’t like fruit cheesecakes? When I get a cheesecake platter I usually avoid fruity cheesecakes at all cost. My hands gravitate towards chocolate or turtle cheesecake. Anyway on to the cheesecake(s).
Classic Mini Cheesecake
YIELD: 12 PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 and place liners in muffin pan.
- Next mix graham cracker crumbs, margarine/butter, and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Press graham cracker mixture to the bottom of each liner.
- To make the cream cheese mixture combine 3/4 cup of sugar, cream cheese, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Scoop mixture into a muffin pan and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the center has set.
- Cool in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours or overnight. Top with whip cream, and enjoy!
Also follow on me on all my social media! They are also linked on the side bar.
Facebook : sprinkles of sweetness
What’s your favorite place to visit?
I love Florida and California, simply because they have Disney! I’m a Disney addict… seriously it’s scary.