Hi! Long time no see 😉 . As you can tell I haven’t posted in a long time. And I’m really sorry about that. I had midterms and the SAT, which took up all of my time. I was literally dying, haha (I still am). Now to make up for my absence I wanted to share with you a milkshake recipe. Yes you read that correctly- milkshake. I know my East Coast friends are inundated with snow, but hey, you guys can drool at all the pictures. This milkshake is… all the things best in life. Ice cream + brownies how can you go wrong?
YIELD: 4 servings PREP TIME: 10 minutes
BLEND TIME: 5 minutes TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups of vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup brownie, chopped
- 1 1/2ish cup milk
- whipped cream (optional)
- Blend ingredients in blender (adjust milk depending on the consistency you want).
- Top off with whipped cream and enjoy!
I hope you guys are well! I will try to post on a more consistent schedule, but I’m just so darn busy.
What have you been up to?
See you soon! ❤
It hasn’t gotten too cold here in Texas! The weather is cold enough for a jacket, but still hot enough (in my opinion) for frozen hot chocolate. So I thought, well, why not share this super easy but delicious recipe? It only requires a couple of ingredients and a blender! How easy is that?
As you guys know I’m officially on thanksgiving break, but that didn’t stop my teachers to give me an abundance of homework! I mean come on teachers. “Break” means a BREAK, right? Anyway sorry for that rant, haha! Let’s get on with the recipe. 🙂
YIELD: 4 servings PREP TIME: 5 minutes
BLEND TIME: 5 minutes TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoon hot chocolate mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups ice
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate chips or chocolate shavings
- Start by melting chocolate chips (use double broiler method or in a sauce pan).
- Add hot chocolate mix and sugar.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup milk.
- In a blender add 1 cup of milk, chocolate mixture, and ice.
- Blend until consistency is to your liking.
- Pour into cups, top off with whipped cream, and chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
- I used Swiss Miss hot chocolate mix, but you can use your favorite hot chocolate mix!
- I made my whipped cream (cold heavy cream and sugar, whipped).
Adapted from: here
As you know I recently went on trip, and that means it’s time to eat healthier. If you have seen my Seattle Things post you can tell I over indulged, so today’s recipe is a healthier dessert. But wait, it taste good! So I live in Texas and that means it’s deathly hot. You don’t know hot weather until you’ve stepped foot in Texas. It’s over 100 degrees every day, so naturally I made ice pops. These aren’t just any ice pops these are piña colada ice pops. Needless to say, they’re delicious!
These are all the ingredients you will need. Shhh, don’t tell people you only need five (the banana wasn’t aesthetically appealing, lol) ingredients to make this simple dessert, you want them to think you put an unbelievable amount of effort ;).
Piña Colada Ice Pops
YIELD: 6 PREP TIME: 10 minutes
FREEZING TIME: 24 hours TOTAL TIME: 24 hours 10 minutes
- 1 can of pineapple with pineapple juice + extra chunks
- 1 1/2 cups of ice
- 3/4 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 banana
- Sweetner if needed
Put all ingredients in blender EXCEPT the extra pineapple chunks. Place remaining pineapple chunks in mold and then pour mixture over (refer to notes for other option). Allow pops to freeze for 24 hours or more.
- You can also make this a drink, that is what I was originally doing. However, I had a lot of extra so I decided to pop them in ice pop molds. To make the drink place all the ingredients in the blender, and enjoy!
- I didn’t use a sweetner because my banana was pretty ripe.
- If you don’t have ice pop molds, just place the mixture in small cups, cover with foil, and then place popsicle sticks.
- These can stay in the freezer for up to seven day.
What’s your favorite summer time treat?
It’s officially spring! I’m excited for it to get to get a little warmer here in Texas, so I can drink cold drinks like this one. This drink has such a vibrant spring color that makes my eyes pop, and tastes so good. This drink is always my go to for a fruity beverage.
YIELD: 2 servings PREP TIME: 15 minutes COOKING
TIME: 0 minutesTOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
- 24 ounces of Mango pulp
- 8 tablespoons yogurt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- several cups of ice
Put ice at the bottom of the blender then add the other ingredients and blend, serve immediately and enjoy.
- Add ice until extremely cold.
QOTD: What is your favorite thing about spring?
I love the flowers changing colors and the weather warming up!