I get so many questions from friends, family, and YOU — so I decided to compile those questions and answer them. If, however, I haven’t answered something, feel free to comment below.
Why did you decide to start blogging?
- Initially, I wanted to create an online outlet to post dessert recipes. I was 14 — meaning: awkward, shy, and bored — SOS allowed me to express myself and explore my passions. I continue to blog because I love to connect with readers and record moments in my life.
What kind of camera do you use to take your pictures?
- From 2014 to March 2017, I used my iPhone. Post-March 2017, I finally invested in a real camera. I use a Canon EOS Rebel T6.
Can I use one of your photos?
- Of course! I would be honored, just be sure to link the image back to the original post.
Are all your recipes original?
- Not necessarily. If I have used/adapted any recipe I make sure to give credit to the recipe creator.
Have you received any formal baking/pastry training?
- No. All the things I have learned thus far have been taught to me from experiences, observations, and time (uh, and, Food Network 😉 ). I just burned a pan of brownies, so I am not perfect, I promise.
What is your favorite dessert?
- Donuts. Does that count? Most people say donuts are a breakfast food. A close second would be a warm brownie sundae. I love the way the fudge, brownies, and ice cream complement each other in such a great way. I could write a thesis on this.
What are you studying in college?
- As you probably know, I bleed burnt orange as a student at the University of Texas at Austin. I am studying Supply Chain Management at the McCombs School of Business, as well as International Relations & Global Studies in the College of Liberal Arts. These degrees beautifully combine my love for storytelling and world exploration. Learn more about my professional experiences here.