My name is Hira, I am currently a student at The University of Texas at Austin (HOOK ‘EM), and I love sweets!
I started this blog summer 2014 (when I was a shy fourteen-year-old. Oh how time flies!) to share my love for desserts (making them, eating them, giving them). I am a firm believer that the best way to make someone’s life better is to deliver a plate of warm brownies or homemade cookies. I mean, when I’m upset, why would I want someone crying with me? Cookies, please!
In my day-to-day life, my friends describe me as a real-life Leslie Knope, which is I take as the biggest compliment.
Here are ten things about me:
- I am majoring in International Relations, so I am a huge news nerd. I love to read the news, to watch the news, and to write the news (in my dreams). 🙂
- My absolute favorite food is a chocolate frosted donut. The way to my heart = donuts (take notes 😉 ).
- I am a total “mom.” If you know me personally, I am sorry for always pushing you around– love you!
- My favorite book is Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier– not many people have heard of it.
- I am an ‘old soul.’ I love black & white movies, granny floral, and reflecting on everything. I’m very introspective (sorry friends for my unnecessary conversations).
- I love ABBA (thanks, dad). I am a dancing queen (… young and sweet only seventeen”).
- I love to travel.
- When I was younger, my dad would give me an ice-cream sandwich for breakfast. Every. Single. Day. (I was a chubby (and cute) kid)
- My favorite color is yellow. So many people hate yellow, which doesn’t make sense. Yellow is equivalent to happiness, right?
- I have a
minormajor obsession with The Lord of the Rings. I am absolutely convinced that it is better than Harry Potter, so if you’d like to debate me on that, then, well, you’re in for a really long conversation. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed your stay, and please come again!
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below (nothing makes me happier than reading a comment from one of you guys)!