Chocolate. Chocolate + cake. Chocolate + cake + frosting. Chocolate + cake + frosting + in your mouth. Yes, we are talking about chocolate cupcakes.
Cupcakes are personal. They are single serving. You don’t have to share. You shouldn’t share.
I don’t think it’s possible to share these ones. With a decadent chocolate cake and a rich chocolate butter cream there’s nothing better, I promise.
YIELD: 16 (36 mini) servings PREP TIME: 20 minutes
BAKE TIME: 21 minutes TOTAL TIME: 41 minutes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Chocolate Buttercream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Mix half of egg-mixture into flour-mixture, add 1/2 of the butter milk; once combined add remaining egg-mixture then add buttermilk. Chocolate batter will form.
- Pour batter into liners and bake until center has set.
- Once removed from oven allow to cool and then frost with your choice of frosting + decorate.
- Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction (my favorite blogger 🙂 ).
- Make sure ingredients are at room temperature.
- Decorate with your favorite toppings — be creative!
Friends, remember: no matter how hard life gets, chocolate will always exist. 🙂