Baking memories are my absolute favorite childhood memories. When I was little, my mom would bake brownies and let me lick the bowl. Life was so simple. Go to school, come home, eat dinner — repeat. I remember when my weekends were full of piano lessons, family dinners, and Sunday school lectures. Nothing really mattered.
Now, however, I feel this intense pressure to do well for my future. Although I do not want to undermine the amazing experiences being older allows — I can drive; I can be independent; I can learn about topics that interest me.
Time keeps moving. I was once 18 months old, but now I am 18-years-old. I know each year of life has something incredible, but with midterms, studying, and never-ending commitments it’s sometimes hard to think of the positives.
I just have to remind myself of all the incredible blessings I have Alhamdulillah (All praise is due to God alone). Like these brookies — a dense brownie + a chewy cookie = happiness.
YIELD: 12 servings PREP TIME: 20 minutes
BAKE TIME: 13 minutes TOTAL TIME: 33 minutes
- Cookie dough, store bought or homemade
- Brownie batter, mix or homemade
- Start by rolling out your cookie dough into a flat layer
- Spread brownie mix on top
- Roll the cookie dough-brownie layer, like a cinnamon roll
- Allow to set in the freezer for 20 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Remove roll from freezer and slice into circles
- Place circles onto greased baking sheet
- Allow to bake for 13 minutes — or until the cookies have set*
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Mix-ins can be chopped Oreo cookies or chocolate chips to give these cookies somethin’ extra
- Baking cookies is really dependent on your oven. Make sure you remove cookies when they are still pretty soft, as when they are out of the oven they continue to cook and become solid
- Inspired from: here