I love Oreo cookies. Not only are they delicious but they have childhood nostalgia wrapped into each layer. I remember opening up my lunch every day of 4th grade with a Ziploc bag of Oreo cookies hidden underneath my egg sandwich. Something so simple made me so happy. It’s the simple things, right?
I like to think that I am simple. I’m not the type of girl who wants a designer bag or diamond earrings — if you do, however, that’s not a bad thing, we are all different. I just love homemade gifts or thoughtful cards.
Speaking of homemade gifts. These truffles are perfect gifts for friends, family, and ME. 😉
I made these for our annual New Years Party, which was so fun — and easy. In order to add the New Years glamour, I sprayed them with gold food coloring and added some crystal sprinkles.
YIELD: 20 servings PREP TIME: 30 minutes
REFRIGERATE TIME: 1 hour TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate, melted
- Sprinkles, cookie crumbs, decorative pieces, etc.*
- Crush Oreo cookies in a food processor or crush in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin
- Mix cream cheese with crushed Oreo cookies until a cream cheese-Oreo mixture forms
- Form into balls — with your desired size*
- Allow cream cheese-Oreo mixture to become firm in the freezer for 10 minutes
- Coat in melted chocolate and allow to rest on wax paper
- Refrigerate in the fridge for 1 hour or until the chocolate has set
- I used about 3 teaspoons per ball
- I melted my chocolate with a double broiler — a pot of steaming water with a heat safe bowl on top
- This “recipe” has been distributed through many sites
This recipe — can I even call it that? — is so easy, so delicious, and so cute! Definitely make them, you will not be disappointed. Also: it feels so good to be posting recipes again! I missed food photography!