Hello, my wonderful friends!
I have seriously had zero-time to bake. The problem isn’t that I don’t have time (I mean, I don’t but I sleep and encourage mental well-being — take care of yourself). Baking is equal to measuring ingredients, mixing, cleaning, developing they’re are so many components, and while I truly love it, I just can’t seem to find time to do all the things baking entails in one sitting.
I still want to keep you guys updated on college life — so here are some products that have been keeping me alive!
1. CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS
- Everyone knows I have a major sweet tooth. I could eat dessert for every meal; it’s really a problem. To occupy my sweet tooth, I’ve been obsessively eating chocolate covered pretzels. I love them. Go to your nearest Costco NOW, and buy some — and mail them to me. 😉
2. DRY SHAMPOO
- I have always been a fan of dry shampoo — no water, no time — lately, though, I have been using it. A lot. My favorite is the Batiste dry shampoo. I have tried many different brands and nothing beats this one — the original white type.
3. NPR’S UP FIRST
- I love reading the news. I have favorite columnists and publications, but I haven’t had a lot of time to just sit and read (I’m still trying to find balance in my life, which is incredibly hard). To supplement for my lack of reading I have been living for this NPR podcast. It is my favorite way to start the day. I listen to it while I’m getting ready in the morning; it includes everything you need to start your day. I am a huge advocate in staying informed, so this is a great way.
4. WATER BOTTLE
- I am one of those people who used to trash the earth with plastic bottles; however, now that I’m here it’s not practical to buy water bottles because they’re not accessible — and expensive. I love my water bottle; its environmentally friendly, temperature controlled, and perfect for my bag.
5. COLORED PENS
- I love have visually appealing notes. I take so many notes; I have so much reading. To make things fluid I have the same notes color key for all my classes, and using these pens makes everything somewhat fun. I have already bought two packs.
- I absolutely love getting ready in the morning, and getting ready for fall is just a bonus — boots, sweaters, scarfs, dark lipstick. I use to go to my local makeup store and pick up my lifesaving concealer, but alas I am living on a college budget. While I do believe in treating yourself and buying things that make you happy; this is just an expense that doesn’t seem necessary. I have been loving the Maybelline concealers they work well and are within my budget.
- Like most freshmen, I sometimes feel homesick. I miss the familiarity of home. Pictures have been such a great way to reflect on the past and look forward to the future. I am immensely grateful to be here, so looking at pictures reminds me of my family, supporters, and stages of life. I highly recommend to print out all of your favorite memories and put them on your wall or an album.
That’s all for now! I hope you all have been enjoying the weather. I will be posting a recipe soon, I promise.