Oh, my. Let me tell you. These pineapple cakes are adorable, delicious, and so easy to make!
Summer is winding down, so I want to get all the fruity baking in before it's too late. I'm the type of person who thinks cinnamon, pumpkin, vanilla and cozy desserts are reserved for the fall and winter. While fruity, flowery, colorful desserts are for the spring and summer. However, chocolate is great for every season and anytime– morning, afternoon, night, midnight. 🙂
I made these. I ate them. I am now dreaming of them.
YIELD: 24 cakes PREP TIME: 15 minutes
BAKING TIME: 20-25 minutes TOTAL TIME: 35-40 minutes
- 1-1/2 20 ounce can of sliced pineapples; reserve pineapple juice
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 12 maraschino cherries cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin pan with spray & flour.
- Cut pineapple slices into 4 pieces.
- Mix together cake mix, oil, eggs, and pineapple juice.
- In another bowl, stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Place 1-1/2 teaspoons of the mixture into each muffin pan cup, then place two pineapple pieces with a cherry in the center.
- Add 1/4 cup of batter into each cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes (or all the way to 25 minutes) until the toothpick comes out clean.
- As soon as the cakes come out of the oven allow to cool for 5 minutes, then run a knife around each cup and slowly remove cake (you can also invert).
- Slightly adapted from here
- Make sure to grease the pan thoroughly– these cakes love to stick.