Today’s recipe is healthy, refreshing, and easy to make! In other words, it is perfect for the summer time.
While making this I forgot to purchase popsicle sticks. Instead, I improvised and ate mine with spoons. Regardless on how you decide to consume these, they taste amazing. My favorite thing about these pops are that they are so versatile, you can use any fruit combinations, which means they are a perfect year round dessert (unless you are opposed to popsicles in the winter). 😉
YIELD: 8 servings PREP TIME: 15 minutes
FREEZE TIME: 4 hours or overnight TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes + freeze time
- 2 bananas- chop 1/2 of one
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups of frozen pineapples
- 1 + more cup mango juice
- 8-10 strawberries, chopped
- In a small cup (Dixie cup), place 1 chopped banana at the bottom of each cup.
- Next, blend together remaining bananas, frozen fruit, and juice. Add more juice for desired consistency.
- Place fruit smoothie mixture until reaches half way mark of cup.
- Then layer chopped strawberries on top.
- Pour remaining smoothie mixture until reaches top.
- Place popsicle sticks and cover cups with foil (to avoid freezer burn); freezer until solid & enjoy.
* Essentially, you are layering- banana, smoothie, strawberry, smoothie
- Feel free to use any fruit smoothie recipe you want.
- You can use a popsicle mold.
- If you’re like me and don’t have popsicles sticks, you can place the mixture in a cup and enjoy with a spoon- like flavored ice.