Today’s post is something that is more personal and fun! I love to cook (as you already know), so I wanted to confess some rules I break. I am also going to include baking confessions in this post; I just loved the alliteration of “Cooking Confessions.”
1. When a recipe calls for “Fresh Lemon Juice” I sometimes use the bottled stuff. I know, it is not the same, I just don’t usually carry lemons. So, if I list lemon juice as an ingredient on a recipe I don’t always use the fresh stuff. (I’m a rebel 🙂 )
2. Let’s cut to the chase. I am lazy, I like to find the easy way out of things. Not to say that I don’t work hard. I just don’t like recipes that have a million steps, so when a recipe sometimes says sift all ingredients I cross my finger and don’t to it. I only do this when I am in a serious time crunch, but it has happened often enough to confess.
3. Everyone knows I am a huge chocolate lover, so when a recipe calls for 1 cup of chocolate, I sometimes add 1/2 a cup more. Obviously, this isn’t a good habit but chocolate is my ultimate weakness. Don’t worry I analyze the recipe before I decide to up the chocolate. 😀
4. I have been baking for a long time, but I am by no means an expert. I mean, I just burned a batch of cookies. Anyway, sometimes when I am confident with a recipe I don’t measure the ingredients. Yes, I am well aware of the ramifications, I’m just a rebel in the kitchen.
5. I love to eat raw batter. I know that most of the time it contains eggs, so there is always a chance of salmonella but it’s so rare I take the chance. It is a terrible habit and I am working on it, please don’t tell me I am the only one.
After typing this out I realized this list is all baking, but I decided to keep the title because it just flowed. I’m sorry for the dearth of posts this month, don’t worry though I have typed up some great recipes (for this summer!).
Do you guys (& gals) do any of these things, or have another confession? If so, comment down below I’d love to connect with you!