Lasagna has to be one of my favorite savory foods. It has layers of pasta, cheese, tomato sauce, and so much more. My love for savory lasagna made making this Oreo version so much fun. Layers of Oreo, creamy cheesecake, chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and mini chocolate chips. 😉
My favorite thing about this dessert is that it is no-bake. I don’t have to watch a timer, preheat an oven, and constantly check if the item is baked. Instead, I simply layer each component and then pop it in the fridge. Easy.
YIELD: 16 servings/1 13×9 pan TIME: 20 minutes
*FRIDGE TIME: 4 hours TOTAL TIME: 4 hrs. 20 minutes
- 1 package Oreo cookies, crushed
- 6 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoon cold milk
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 3.9-ounce package INSTANT chocolate pudding
- 3-1/4 cup cold milk
- 1-1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Start by mixing together the crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter.
- Press Oreo mixture into a 13×9 pan and place in the fridge to form crust.
- Mix softened cream cheese until fluffy; add 2 tablespoons of milk & sugar.
- Stir in 1-1/4 cup of Cool Whip to cream cheese mixture. Spread mixture onto Oreo crust.
- In another bowl, combine the instant pudding mix with additional milk. Whisk rigorously until the pudding starts to thicken. Spread pudding over cream cheese layer, and allow to rest for 5 minutes so that the pudding can set and become firm.
- After the pudding has firmed up, spread remaining Cool Whip on top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly. Allow to set in the fridge for 4 hours.*
- Make sure you are not using double stuff Oreo cookies, they have too much cream for this recipe.
- Make sure you use instant pudding mix, not the cook in serve variety.
- If you are in a time crunch, you can prepare this dessert and then freeze it for 1 hours (opposed to putting it in the refrigerator).
If you were stuck on an island, would you take traditional lasagna or Oreo lasagna?
I would force someone who likes the traditional lasagna to be stuck with me on the island, so I could consume both types. I think that’s cheating, though. 🙂