I know it is the middle off summer, and you are probably not thinking of pound cake. I mean, why would you? Pound cake is a dense cake that contains butter, sugar, and all things good in life. Well, now you are thinking of pound cake, right? I know summer time is usually associated with beach bodies and fitness, but pound cake is a year round cake. It is perfect for any occasion, and it’s pretty darn easy to make.
My maternal grandmother is one of the best cooks I know, and while she didn’t give me this recipe it reminds me of her cooking. It is warm, comforting, and cozy just like her cooking.
BAKE TIME: 60 minutes TOTAL TIME: 75 minutes
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoon & 1-3/4 tsp milk
- Optional: sprinkle of powderd sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and line and grease loaf pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time until blended.
- Next alternately add flour and milk.
- Place mixture in loaf pan and bake until the center has set.
- Once cake is done baking use a butter knife around the cake.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then flip out of pan.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar when you’re ready serve, enjoy.
- You can double the recipe if needed.
- I do not recommend using margarine as a substitute because butter is a main component for flavor.
How is your summer so far?
Happy baking! ❤️