That title was a mouthful. Hi, guys… long time no see. I have been SO busy! Testing, school drama, and just life has been so chaotic. I haven’t had time to breathe. I finally got time to bake. I’ve been wanting to make strawberry cake for a while; I just couldn’t find a recipe without gelatin. I don’t eat products that contain gelatin, so I had to dig deep into google to find a starting point. After lots of trial and error I found this recipe to be the best. It’s fluffy, has a good strawberry flavor, and the frosting is to die for.
YIELD: 24 cupcakes PREP TIME: 15 minutes
BAKE TIME: 18 minutes TOTAL TIME: 23 minutes
- cup canola oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup strawberry, chopped (very small pieces)- mix with 1 tablespoon of sugar + more if needed
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees and line muffin pan.
- Mix together oil, milk, and sugar.
- Mix in chopped strawberry.
- Whisk in eggs (one at a time) and add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add sourcream and flour mixture alternately in the oil-egg mixture.
- Once cake batter forms scoop batter into muffin tray.
- Make for 18 minutes or until cake has set.
- Using an electric mixer mix together cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar.
- Once combined turn mixer to slow speed and whipping cream.
- Allow cream and cheese to combine for 2 minutes.
Adapted from here
I hope you’ve all been well! See you soon. Also I will be posting more frequently, I promise. 🙂
Happy Baking! ❤️