Hi, friends! How was your Valentine’s Day? I celebrated my dad’s birthday by making him a cake… no, I didn’t eat most of it. 😉
So… yesterday my favorite author passed away: Harper Lee. Oh, Harper Lee was/is/always will be one of my favorite authors. She wrote the famous “To Kill a Mockingbird.” This was the first book that really opened my eyes to how literature can be truly amazing. Thank you, Harper Lee, for eliciting my love for books and making me a bibliophile.
On a lighter note let’s talk about carrot cake, or should I say a slice of happiness.
Let me tell you I use to have a strong aversion for carrot cake. Partly because it included carrots, and carrots are no place for cakes. But carrots can be included in cake, when the cake is slathered with lots of smooth creamy cream cheese frosting.
BAKE TIME: 30-35 minutes TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup of walnuts
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease pans (you can use a round cake pan 8-9, or a rectangle)
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, and oil.
- In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
- Add vanilla and carrots.
- Pout into pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Once baked completely allow to cool and frost with cream cheese frosting.
Happy baking! ❤