Don’t forget to subscribe, so you don’t miss a post!
This is my first post for 2016! Ahh, it’s so exciting. Happy New Year. I hope y’all are excited for the new year. 2016 is going to be a great year, I will start my senior year of high school (YES!), start applying for colleges, turn 17, witness a new president! So many exciting things to come, I’m stoked (I’ve never used that word, haha). Now, I don’t really keep New Years resolutions, but I do have some goals for the blog this year, I’d like to incorporate more savory foods on the blog, which brings me to today’s post! Seven layer dip: seven layers of pure deliciousness. The great thing about this dip is you can make it healthy! The recipe I have for you today is the unhealthy version, but with a few tweaks this can be a guilt free snack!
YIELD: 12 servings PREP TIME: 10 minutes
ASSEMBLE TIME: 15 minutes TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) black olives, chopped
- *spices, to taste
- Tortilla chips (to serve with)
- *This step is optional: add spices to plain sour cream.
- In a 9×13 pan, heat refried beans and then spread refried beans.
- Layer sour cream on top.
- Layer guacamole on top.
- Layer salsa on top.
- Layer cheese on top.
- Sprinkle on black olives (and jalapeños if you like spicy food).
- Allow to sit in the fridge if not eating right away!
- To make the dip healthy, substitute sour cream for Greek yogurt; black beans for refried beans.
- To make the dip extra spicy add jalapeños and your favorite spices.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite cracker.
Happy New Year! ❤
What did you do for New Years?