It hasn’t gotten too cold here in Texas! The weather is cold enough for a jacket, but still hot enough (in my opinion) for frozen hot chocolate. So I thought, well, why not share this super easy but delicious recipe? It only requires a couple of ingredients and a blender! How easy is that?
As you guys know I’m officially on thanksgiving break, but that didn’t stop my teachers to give me an abundance of homework! I mean come on teachers. “Break” means a BREAK, right? Anyway sorry for that rant, haha! Let’s get on with the recipe. 🙂
YIELD: 4 servings PREP TIME: 5 minutes
BLEND TIME: 5 minutes TOTAL TIME: 10 minutes
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoon hot chocolate mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups ice
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate chips or chocolate shavings
- Start by melting chocolate chips (use double broiler method or in a sauce pan).
- Add hot chocolate mix and sugar.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup milk.
- In a blender add 1 cup of milk, chocolate mixture, and ice.
- Blend until consistency is to your liking.
- Pour into cups, top off with whipped cream, and chocolate shavings. Enjoy!
- I used Swiss Miss hot chocolate mix, but you can use your favorite hot chocolate mix!
- I made my whipped cream (cold heavy cream and sugar, whipped).
Adapted from: here