I am confident that these are “The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies.” You’ve heard me complain numerous times that I can’t make a good chocolate chip cookies because they turn out too dry, too chocolaty, too ugly, too…. Well, it’s safe to say these are the best. I am a self-proclaimed cookie expert because I’ve baked dozen of chocolate chip cookies- failed chocolate chip cookies- so when I say I’ve found the best chocolate chip cookies I’m not kidding. This weekend I decided that I needed to learn to bake chocolate chip cookies so I tied my apron on, put my hair in a bun, and got the flour out (things got intense). I made two batches and within minutes they were gone. So, naturally I made a second batch. And they were gone within minutes, too! In my definition a good chocolate chip cookie needs crispy edges, chewy centers (not gooey, but chewy), and chocolate in every bite. And with the holiday season around the corner (how is it already November?) these are perfect.
YIELD: 12 Cookies PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 9-12 minutes TOTAL TIME: 24 minutes
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Start by preheating oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl stir dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt).
- In a separate bowl cream butter and sugars granulated and brown); add vanilla.
- After butter mixture is combined add egg; once combined add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- On a cookie sheet spray cooking spray and roll cookie dough into balls.
- Press remaining chocolate chips onto cookie dough and bake in the oven.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cook for 15 minutes and enjoy with a tall class of milk!
Recipe from here