As most of you know I love brownies. I mean, who doesn’t? They are dense, fudgy, chocolaty (weird spelling, right?), and more. I know you’re thinking they can’t get any better… wrong! How about caramel and brownies? I love plain brownies, but the addition of caramel just elevates normal peasant brownies to queen status. No joke.
YIELD: 12 brownies; 1 cup of caramel PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 30-35 minutes TOTAL TIME: 55 minutes
- Brownies recipe: here
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, cold
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the brownie batter (you can use your own recipe or a box). Preheat oven according to recipe.
- Next get all ingredients out to make caramel (this will make the process easier).
- In a sauce pan put 1 cup of sugar mixing until melted into a gold color.
- Once the sugar has no clumps add butter (it will bubble).
- Stir until sauce has formed.
- Add cold cream, make sure to pour in and stir at the same time.
- Allow mixture to boil for about 1 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add salt (check notes for other options).
- Allow to caramel to cool.
- While caramel cools take half of the brownies mix and put into greased dish.
- Layer caramel on top of brownie mix.
- Layer remaining brownie mix over caramel.
- Drizzle some caramel over brownies, and bake.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until brownie has baked.
- Once out of the oven allow to cool for 2 hours or more. I put melted chocolate on top, but that’s optional.
- I used brownie recipe showed above, but you can use a box.
- You can use salted butter, just omit 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- I baked my brownies in a 9X9 pan, if you bake in another dish adjust times.
Salted Caramel adapted from: here
What’s the weather like where you live?
I live in Texas, so the weather is cold and hot (all in the same day, haha). But we haven’t hit the “I’m so cold, I need hot chocolate.” type of weather.
Also follow me on Instagram for pictures about my life and desserts!