Hi friends! So this weekend was crazy, and let me tell you why. My
phone life broke. If you didn’t know all the pictures taken here on the blog are taken by my iPhone. Anyway because my whole life is on my phone I probably have a thousand text messages, a hundred emails, and a lot of angry friends for not texting them back (I’m sorry guys)! Now these pancakes, words can’t describe how amazing they are, and the soft whipped cream. I’m eating these pancakes as I type (and dropping whipped cream all over my computer). Here’s how you make this pancake and cream combo.
YIELD: 4 pancakes PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream (cold)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix.
- On hot fry pan spray cooking spray or put butter (to prevent sticking) and drop pancake batter (until the pancake is as big as you want).
- Once air bubbles start to form around the edge of the pancake it’s time to flip.
- To make cream put all ingredients in a bowl and with a mixer mix until soft peaks form (takes about 7-10 minutes).
- I put a 1/4 cup of batter for each of my pancakes.
- Make sure heavy cream is cold, or it will not whip.
- You can add toppings- chocolate chips, fruit, or keep them plain.
Recipe from here
Have you ever made your own whipped cream?