Hi friends, today’s post is all about cream puffs. A cream puff is basically a shell that hides a delicious sweet cream that drips down the puff and makes everything right in the world. No joke one bite of these and you are transported to your happy place. Also they are super easy to make! Delicious + easy how amazing is that?
YIELD: 12 puffs PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes TOTAL TIME: 55 minutes
- 2 (3.5 ounces) vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- Start by mixing together vanilla mix, heavy cream, and milk. Once finished place in fridge.
- Preheat the oven 425 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, allow butter and water to boil.
- Once boiled add flour and salt and mix.
- Place flour mixture in a separate bowl, and add on egg at a time. Mix rigorously (so eggs will not cook).
- After all eggs are place put mixture in a large ziplock and cut tip. Pipe out a swirly patter on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool. In a large ziplock put vanilla pudding mixture, and cup off tip.
- To place cream cut out bottom of the puff and hollow out. Pipe cream into puff and then put bottom back on as a seal, or you can cut the puff in half and make a “sandwich.”
- Put in fridge until ready to serve, enjoy!
- Putting the cream into the puff can be hard, but manageable, just try to create a whole so you can pipe it in.
Recipe from here
Don’t forget to follow me on social media! What are you most excited about for fall?