I don’t know why, but it feels like I haven’t posted in ages. In reality it’s only been about a week! My week has been so stressful, so one day feels like a year. Aside from that I have been super busy with mountains of work. But I had to carve out sometime to bake because baking is the ultimate stress reliever for me. As most of you know; I face a cookie dilemma: I can’t bake chocolate chip cookies. My CCC’s taste bland, but I can make monster cookies. Monster cookies are essentially cookies that you can put anything, and everything in. Chocolate chips, m&ms, butterscotch, toffee bits, raisins, nuts, and more. I decided to make mine with the two things I love most: m&ms an chocolate chips. However, you can put whatever your heart desires. Now on to the recipe.
YIELD: 30 PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 11 minutes TOTAL TIME: 26 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick cooking, 1-minute oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- *1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- *1 1/2 cup M&M’s
- Start by preheating the oven 350 degrees.
- Next cream together peanut butter, sugars, and butter.
- Next add eggs and vanilla.
- Add baking soda to oats.
- Combine oats and peanut butter mixture.
- Mix in any add ins.
- On greased baking sheet put about roll 2 tablespoons of the mixture. Spread them apart because they grow big.
- Add m&ms (or any other topping) on the top of ball and gently press.
- Bake for 11 minutes (DO NOT KNOW OVER BAKE).
- Allow to cool and serve with milk, enjoy!
- You can use any toppings you want. I’m just a chocolate addict.
- If you like a thick cookie don’t press them before baking.
- They still bake after 11 minutes out of the oven, so allow them to cool.
Slightly Adapted From: Divas Can Cook
How do you deal with stress? What’s your favorite cookie?
This past week was very stressful like I said. I wanted to scream and cry, haha. And my favorite cookies have to be monster cookies and a good ol’ chocolate chip cookies.