I’ve had my fair share of ice cream sandwiches over the years. Ice cream sandwiches and summer are practically synonymous. I mean a sandwich with two chocolate wafers, between a block of creamy ice cream, with the sun gleaming down, and melting around the edges.
I have great memories of going to my local supermarket with my dad to buy ice cream sandwiches, we would go straight to the freezer section and buy a box of ice cream sandwiches called ‘Sammies’ these particular sandwiches had chocolate chips mixed through the ice cream layer. After paying we would go straight to the car and each open up one and eat it right in the car. While the ice cream was a little soft, but delicious.
Today’s recipe is not really a recipe, more of an assembly. On how to make an ice cream sandwich cake, let’s get started!
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
YIELD: 8 PREP TIME: 5 minutes
ASSEMBLY TIME: 30 minutes + 1hr 10 min freeze TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 45 minutes
- 1 package of ice cream sandwiches (12)
- 1 package of cool whip
- Magic Shell: homemade or store bought
- Toppings: m&ms, chocolate syrup, Carmel syrup, fruit, or anything you like
- Grab pan and arrange ice cream sandwiches into a rectangle. Stack them by rows of four.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Take cake out and put first layer of cool whip.
- Freeze cake for 15 minutes
- Put second layer of cool whip, so the ice cream sandwiches are totally covered.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Pour magic shell topping and decorate.
- Freeze 30 minutes or until needed and enjoy!
This picture shows step 1.
Are you sad summer is almost over, or are you ready for fall?